Unit 731 was a covert biological and chemical warfare research and development unit of Imperial Japan that undertook lethal human experimentation during the Second Sino-Japanese War and World War II. It was responsible for among the most downright sadistic and sick war crimes perpetrated by Japan during the war. These experiments researched the reactions that humans include when exposed to several chemicals.
During the unit's existence, political activists, prisoners of war, and just random civilians were picked to be the subjects of horrific experiments. These subjects included adult men, pregnant women, children, and even infants. The experiments then began, these including:
- Infecting them with various chemicals
- Cutting them open when they were awake
- Dismembered them and sewing their limbs back on when they were awake
- Having their organs (such as their stomach or brain chunks) removed and installed in different places
- Having them violently raped and infected with STDs to "study" the effects
- Tied to poles and used as target practice for weapons such as chemical grenades and flamethrowers
Though it was done in the name of scientific research, the actions performed in Unit 731 were far too inhumane and sickening to not be antagonized. Over 3,000 people (a majority of them being innocent civilains) died from inside experiments while an immeasurable (at least over 10,000) number of people were killed in field experiments.
- 731 unit.jpg
Leaked photo of the unit
- Senior photo.jpg
- 731 photo.jpg
- The Horrors of Unit 731