Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 14 - FROLINAT is dissolved.
- February 12 - James Bulger is abducted, tortured and killed by two 10-year-old boys, Robert Thompson and Jon Venables in Liverpool, England in United Kingdom
- February 26 - Pakistani terrorist Ramzi Yousef detonates a truck bomb below the North Tower of the World Trade Center in New York City, killing 6 people and injuring over a thousand.
- April 19 - David Koresh, leader of the Branch Davidians, is killed during the ATF's siege on his compound in Waco, Texas.
- April 25 - The State of Eritrea is declared, officially making Eritrea de jure independent from Ethiopia. Isaias Afewerki is named president.
- May 1 - Sri Lankan President Ranasinghe Premadasa is assassinated in Colombo during a suicide bombing perpetrated by the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam, which also kills 17 other people.
- June 23 - Lorena Bobbitt cuts off her husband's penis with a knife while he was asleep in bed.
- July 8 - Radio Télévision Libre des Mille Collines is launched.
- August 4 - The Arusha Accords are signed by Juvénal Habyarimana and Paul Kagame, ending the Rwandan Civil War.
- September 13 - The First Intifada ends following the signing of the Oslo Accords.
- October 1 - Polly Klaas is kidnapped at knifepoint during a slumber party at her mother's home in California, She was later strangled by Richard Allen Davis.
- October 21 - Burundian President Melchior Ndadaye is assassinated by Tutsi hardliners within the Burundian army during a failed coup attempt. Beginning of the Burundian Civil War.
- October 22 - Ange-Félix Patassé is elected President of the Central African Republic.
- October 23 - Irish Republican Army members Thomas Begley and Sean Kelly bomb a chip shop in Belfast, killing Begley along with eight civilians and one member of the UDA.
- October 30 - Members of the Ulster Defence Association open fire on civilians in a crowded pub during a Halloween party, killing eight and wounding nineteen. The attack, known as the Greysteel massacre, was done out of revenge for the Shankhill Road bombing.
- November 17 - Nigerian Minister of Defence Sani Abacha forces interim president Ernest Shonekan to resign, and assumes the mantle of head of state.
- December 14 - Nathan Dunlap commits a mass shooting at a Chuck E. Cheese's restaurant in Aurora, Colorado that he was formerly an employee of, killing four people and seriously injuring one other.
- December 31 - Trans man Brandon Teena, along with Lisa Lambert & Phillip DeVine, is raped and murdered by John Lotter and Tom Nissen.
- April 3 - Cheng Chieh
- June 1 - Jeffrey Bolin
- July 22 - Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
- September 22 - Asa Coon
- December 22 - David Katz
- June 5 - Breonna Taylor
- June 26 - Matthew Eubanks
- January 5 - Westley Allan Dodd
- March 3 - Carlos Marcello
- April 19 - David Koresh
- June 29 - Brian McCallum
- September 15 - Maurice Yaméogo
- September 24 - Ian Stuart Donaldson
- October 23 - Thomas Begley
- December 2 - Pablo Escobar
- January 28 - Martin McNamee
- February 12 - James Bulger
- March 10 - David Gunn
- March 27 - Charlie Keever & Jonathan Sellers
- May 1 - Ranasinghe Premadasa
- June 28 - Eileen Sarmenta & Allan Gomez
- October 1 - Polly Klaas
- October 21 - Melchior Ndadaye
- December 31 - Brandon Teena, Lisa Lambert, & Phillip DeVine