Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 11 - Slobodan Milošević is elected the inaugural President of Serbia.
- January 26 - Siad Barre is deposed as President of Somalia. Beginning of the Somali Civil War.
- February 6 - The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is founded.
- February 28 - End of the Gulf War.
- March 23 - The Revolutionary United Front is formed. Beginning of the Sierra Leone Civil War.
- March 26 - Moussa Traoré is deposed as President of Mali.
- March 31 - The Yugoslav Wars begin when Croatia secedes from Yugoslavia, beginning the Croatian War of Independence.
- April 13 - The final attack attributed to "Mr Cruel" takes place when 13-year old Karmein Chan is kidnapped from her home in Templestowe, Victoria and later murdered (possibly when she tried to fight back) and later her skeleton was found in 1992.
- May 21 - Former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi is assassinated in a suicide bombing perpetrated by the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam. 14 others are also killed in the attack.
- May 24 - End of the Eritrean War of Independence. Eritrea becomes de facto independent from Ethiopia.
- May 28 - The People's Democratic Republic of Ethiopia collapses with the Fall of Addis Ababa. Mengistu Haile Mariam flees the country and goes into exile in Zimbabwe. The Ethiopian Civil War ends.
- May 31 - The Bicesse Accords are signed in Lisbon, Portugal by UNITA leader Jonas Savimbi and Angolan President José Eduardo dos Santos, bringing a temporary end to the Angolan Civil War.
- June 4 - Hezbollah launches Al-Manar.
- June 10 - Phillip Garrido kidnaps 11-year old Jaycee Dugard, beginning 18 years of captivity for Dugard.
- June 21 to July 7 - The Ten-Day War is fought after Slovenia declares independence from Yugoslavia.
- August 19 to 22 - Gennady Yanayev organizes several other Soviet Union officials in an attempted coup of the Soviet Union known as the August Putsch. Yanayev and his conspirators are only in power for three days before being removed by Mikhail Gorbachev and Boris Yeltsin.
- September 10 - The Communist Party of Latvia is dissolved.
- October - Beginning of the Djiboutian Civil War.
- October 16 - Former merchant marine George Hennard drives his truck into a Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen, Texas and kills 23 people before committing suicide.
- November 1 - University of Iowa shooting
- November 12 - The Santa Cruz Massacre is perpetrated by the Indonesian Army in Dili, East Timor.
- December 6 - Four teenage girls are found raped and murdered inside an I Can't Believe it's Yogurt! shop in Austin, Texas that had been robbed and set on fire. The perpetrator of the crime remains at large.
- December 26 - Beginning of the Algerian Civil War.
- December 26 - The Soviet Union formally dissolves, marking the end of the Cold War.
- January 5 - Brittany Zamora
- February 21 - Devin Patrick Kelley
- March 10 - Usman Khan
- April 4 - Eric Hainstock
- April 8 - Matthew Heimbach
- July 24 - Elliot Rodger
- July 26 - Tim Kretschmer
- August 24 - Daniel Petric
- Unknown - Elliot Kline
- Unknown - Daniel Petry
- July 15 - Brigham Eubanks (Third Child of Susan Eubanks)
- August 19 - Alison Parker
- September 29 - Botham Jean
- November 2 - Victoria Climbié
- April 20 - Yumjaagiin Tsedenbal
- May 14 - Jiang Qing
- July 1 - Joachim Kroll
- July 25 - Lazar Kaganovich
- August 22 - Boriss Pugo
- September 6 - Donald Henry Gaskins
- September 25 - Klaus Barbie
- October 16 - George Hennard
- November 1 - Gang Lu
- December 5 - Richard Speck
- April 13 - Karmein Chan (Body found April 9 1992)
- May 21 - Rajiv Gandhi
- June 16 - Leslie Mahaffy
- November 27 - Bill Nelson
- December 6 - Amy Ayers, Jennifer Harbison, Sarah Harbison, & Eliza Thomas