Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 2 - John Wayne Gacy commits his first confirmed murder when he kills 16-year old Timothy McCoy.
- March 27 - End of the First Sudanese Civil War.
- April 29 - Beginning of the Ikiza in Burundi when President Michel Micombero declares martial law and orders Hutus to be killed en masse.
- May 30 - The Lod Airport massacre occurs when three members of the Japanese Red Army attack Lod Airport (now Ben Gurion International Airport) near Tel Aviv, killing 26 people and injuring 80 others.
- June 17 - The Watergate scandal: Five men break into the Democratic National Committee (DNC) headquarters at the Watergate Office Building in Washington, D.C. on the orders of Richard Nixon in an attempt to sabotage the Democratic Party.
- August 1 - End of the Ikiza.
- August 4 - Idi Amin Dada orders the expulsion of all Asians from Uganda.
- September 5 - The last murder attributed to the Freeway Phantom takes place when the body of Diane Denise Williams is discovered dumped alongside I-295, just south of the District line in Washington D.C.
- September 5 to 6 - The Munich Massacre: during the 1972 Summer Olympics, the Palestinian terrorist group Black September takes eleven Israeli Olympic team members hostage and kills them along with a West German police officer.
- September 23 - President of the Philippines Ferdinand Marcos declares martial law.
- December 4 - 7-year Steven Stayner is abducted in Merced, California by child molester Kenneth Parnell. He would remain held captive for 7 years.
- December 28 - Kim Il-sung is sworn in as the first President of North Korea.
- January 1 - Aliaskhab Kebekov
- February 6 - Lev Parnas
- April - Billy Roper
- May 1 - Ramzi bin al-Shibh
- June 1 - Mokhtar Belmokhtar
- June 25 - Saif al-Islam Gaddafi
- August 14 - Hani Hanjour
- September 4 - Robert Bowers
- October 24 - Scott Peterson
- January 8 - Andrew James Knox
- May 21 - The Notorious B.I.G.
- July 21 - Denise Closs
- October 3 - Amy Nicole Jarret (9/11 Victim)
- December 12 - Brandon Teena
- March 8 - Erich von dem Bach-Zelewski
- May 2 - J. Edgar Hoover
- May 6 - Deniz Gezmiş
- May 31 - Lee Roy Martin
- September 6 - Luttif Afif
- December 21 - Paul Hausser
- January 2 - Timothy McCoy
- September 5 - Diane Denise Williams