Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 15 - End of the Nigerian Civil War.
- May 4 - The Kent State shootings take place when Ohio National Guard soldiers open fire and kill four people and wound nine others at Kent State University. The shooting was in response to student-lead protests against the expanding involvement of the Vietnam War into neutral Cambodia by the United States.
- May 19 - Richard Nixon launches Operation Freedom Deal.
- August 7 - Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir and Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser sign a ceasefire agreement to end the War of Attrition.
- September 16 - Black September is founded.
- September 25 - The Houston Mass Murders begin when Dean Corll kills 18-year old college freshman Jeffrey Konen.
- October 9 - Lon Nol declares the formation of the Khmer Republic.
- October 22 - The Commander-in-Chief of the Chilean Army, René Schneider, is assassinated while traveling in his car to the Defense Ministry by a group of far-right terrorists led by Roberto Viaux and Camilo Valenzuela, with supposed support from Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger.
- December 1 - Luis Echeverría is elected President of Mexico.
- December 1 - End of the North Yemen Civil War.
- January 2 - Robert John Bardo
- January 20 - Mark Wayne Rathbun
- March 5 - Aleksandar Vučić
- April 10 - Robert Gleason
- April 30 - Hiroshi Miyano
- May 4 - Karla Homolka
- May 23 - Yigal Amir
- June 8 - Kwame Kilpatrick
- July 17 - Gavin McInnes
- July 24 - Stephanie Adams
- August 11 - Paul Durousseau
- September 8 - Nidal Malik Hassan
- October 13 - Carl Williams
- December 17 - Igor Strelkov
- Unknown - Beatrice Munyenyezi
- September 15 - Eric Garner
- October 9 - Cary Ann Medlin
- June 3 - Hjalmar Schacht
- June 21 - Sukarno
- July 27 - António de Oliveira Salazar
- September 28 - Gamal Abdel Nasser
- October 15 - Leonarda Cianciulli
- September 25 - Jeffrey Konen
- October 22 - René Schneider