Jump to navigation Jump to search
- February 25 - The Communist Party of China begins to distance itself from the Soviet Union, beginning the Sino-Soviet split.
- March 2 - The National Party passes the Separate Representation of Voters Act, making non-whites ineligible to vote.
- June 23 - Gamal Abdel Nasser is elected President of Egypt.
- June 23 - Beginning of the Hungarian Revolution of 1956.
- July 18 - Mátyás Rákosi is forced to resign as General Secretary of the Hungarian Working People's Party.
- October 29 to November 7 - The Suez Crisis takes place.
- November 1 - Hồ Chí Minh is named First Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam.
- November 11 - End of the Hungarian Revolution of 1956.
- December 24 - ZOMO is founded.
- February 23 - Naoki Hyakuta
- February 29 - Aileen Wuornos
- March 5 - Emma Ogle
- March 26 - Pamela Dickens
- April 13 - Jim Lynagh
- April 15 - Robert Glen Coe
- May 9 - Elmer Wayne Henley Jr.
- June 11 - Ray Nagin
- July 3 - Min Aung Hlaing
- July 7 - Mullah Krekar
- August 17 - Kevin Storm
- August 31 - Joseph Stack
- October 8 - Javed Iqbal Mughal
- October 15 - George Hennard
- October 28 - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
- December 10 - Rod Blagojevich
- December 30 - Teresa Hodges
- Unknown - John List Jr.
- March 12 - Bolesław Bierut
- August 14 - Konstantin von Neurath
- September 21 - Anastasio Somoza García