Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 15 - Ilse Koch is sentenced to life in prison by a West German court.
- April 5 - Julius and Ethel Rosenberg are found guilty of high treason and are sentenced to death.
- May 23 - The Seventeen Points Agreement is signed by the Communist Party of China and Tibet, ceding sovereignty over Tibet to China.
- June 28 - Both the Cambodian People's Party and the Communist Party of Kampuchea break away from the Indochinese Communist Party.
- October 6 - Sir Henry Gurney, the British high commissioner in Malaya, is assassinated by members of the Communist Party of Malaya.
- December 24 - Idris of Libya is appointed monarch of the Kingdom of Libya.
- February 3 - Blaise Compaoré
- February 16 - David Birnie
- February 17 - Barzan Ibrahim al-Tikriti
- March 21 - Buck Zumhofe
- April 5 - Phillip Garrido
- April 13 - Joseph Paul Franklin
- April 14 - Bruce Mendenhall
- April 15 - Paul Snider
- May 6 - Samuel Doe
- May 22 - Kenneth Bianchi
- May 31 - Becky Fischer
- June 6 - Frank Spisak
- June 19 - Ayman al-Zawahiri
- June 27 - Leonard Fraser
- August 8 - Mohamed Morsi
- August 16 - Jack Unterweger
- September 1 - Édouard Karemera
- September 12 - Gerald Stano
- September 26 - Ronald DeFeo, Jr.
- October 28 - Marvin Heemeyer
- December 10 - Rosmah Mansor
- Unknown - Juvenal Uwilingiyimana
- February 12 - Steven Parent
- October 2 - David Faraday
- October 21 - Dave Sanders
- June 7 - Oswald Pohl, Paul Blobel, & Erich Naumann
- July 23 - Philippe Pétain
- October 15 - Halsted Ritter
- October 6 - Sir Henry Gurney