Jump to navigation Jump to search
- March 7 - In violation of the Treaty of Versailles and Locarno Treaties, Nazi Germany reoccupies the Rhineland.
- April 28 - Farouk of Egypt is crowned King of Egypt and the Sudan following the death of his father, Fuad I.
- May 9 - Benito Mussolini annexes Ethiopia, Somalia, and Eritrea as part of the Italian Colonial Empire.
- July 17 - Beginning of the Spanish Civil War.
- August 4 - A self-coup is staged by Greek Prime Minister Ioannis Metaxas, marking the beginning of the authoritarian 4th of August Regime.
- August 25 - Beginning of the Great Purge.
- November 25 - The Anti-Comintern Pact is signed between Adolf Hitler and Emperor Hirohito, serving as a precursor to the Axis Powers.
- December 26 - Chiang Kai-shek announces the formation of an alliance between the Kuomintang and the Communist Party of China to counter the growing threat of Imperial Japan, bringing a temporary end to the Chinese Civil War.
- March 6 - Choummaly Sayasone
- April 9 - Valerie Solanas
- April 28 - Tarek Aziz
- August 1 - Donald Neilson
- August 23 - Henry Lee Lucas
- August 27 - Ernest Medina
- September 3 - Zine El Abidine Ben Ali
- September 25 - Moussa Traoré
- September 29 - Silvio Berlusconi
- October 4 - James Hanratty
- October 16 - Andrei Chikatilo
- October 19 - James Bevel
- December 22 - Wojciech Frykowski
- January 16 - Albert Fish
- April 3 - Bruno Hauptmann
- May 12 - Buck Ruxton
- May 16 - Julius Schreck
- November 20 - Jose Antonio Primo de Rivera