Jump to navigation Jump to search
- June - Elijah Muhammed takes over as leader of the Nation of Islam following the disappearance of Wallace Fard Muhammad.
- June 30 to July 2 - The Night of the Long Knives, a purge of all of Adolf Hitler's political enemies, is carried out. Among those killed are Sturmabteilung commander Ernst Röhm and leftist leader Gregor Strasser.
- July 10 - The NKVD is founded as the secret police of the Soviet Union.
- August 2 - Adolf Hitler declares himself Führer of Germany.
- October 9 - King Alexander I of Yugoslavia and French foreign minister Louis Barthou are both assassinated by Bulgarian revolutionary Vlado Chernozemski, a member of the Internal Macedonian Revolutionary Organization, during a state visit in Marseilles, France. The Ustaše were also involved in the plot.
- October 16 - The Communist Party of China begins the Long March.
- October 26 - 23-year old Claude Neal is lynched in Jackson County, Florida by a gang of white supremacists after being accused of raping and murdering a 19-year old white woman. Massive rioting takes place all over the county in the following days in an attempt to drive blacks out of the county.
- November 5 - The Kelayres Massacre takes place.
- February 11 - Manuel Noriega
- February 24 - George Ryan
- April 19 - José de Jesús Gutiérrez Rebollo
- August 3 - Jonas Savimbi
- October 19 - Yakubu Gowon
- November 12 - Charles Manson
- December 3 - Abimael Guzmán
- January 1 - Alan Berg
- December 24 - Gary Hinman
- April 10 - Eddie Green
- April 26 - Red Hamilton
- May 23 - Bonnie and Clyde
- June 7 - Tommy Carroll
- June 26 - Asghar Borujerdi
- June 30 - Gregor Strasser
- July 1 - Ernst Röhm
- July 22 - John Dillinger
- August 23 - Homer Van Meter
- September 22 - Charles Makley
- October 9 - Alexander I of Yugoslavia & Vlado Chernozemski
- October 17 - Harry Pierpont
- November 27 - Baby Face Nelson
- October 9 - Louis Barthou
- October 26 - Claude Neal