Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 10 - Eugene Talmadge is elected Governor of Georgia.
- January 30 - Adolf Hitler is appointed Chancellor of Germany.
- February 15 - Giuseppe Zangara attempts to assassinate U.S. President-elect Franklin D. Roosevelt in Miami, but instead fatally wounds the Mayor of Chicago, Anton Cermak.
- March 19 - Beginning of the Estado Novo dictatorship in Portugal.
- March 20 - The Nazi Party completes construction of Dachau, their first concentration camp, in Upper Bavaria.
- March 23 - The Reichstag passes the Enabling Act, giving Adolf Hitler dictatorial powers.
- April 26 - The Gestapo is founded by Hermann Göring.
- May 17 - Vidkun Quisling and Johan Bernhard Hjort form the Nasjonal Samling (the National-Socialist Party) of Norway.
- June 17 - Pretty Boy Floyd kills an FBI agent, 3 local police, and the person they intended to rescue, captured bank robber Frank Nash, at Union Station in Kansas City, Missouri.
- July - End of the Holodomor.
- July 22 - Machine Gun Kelly and Albert Bates kidnap Charles Urschel, an Oklahoma oilman, and demand $200,000 ransom.
- December 29 - Members of the Iron Guard assassinate Ion Gheorghe Duca, Prime Minister of Romania.
- January 10 - Robert Spangler
- January 31 - Bernardo Provenzano
- February 13 - Paul Biya
- March 1 - Felicien Kabuga
- March 13 - Donald Henry Gaskins
- April 17 - Joachim Kroll
- May 11 - Louis Farrakhan
- August 18 - Roman Polanski
- September 11 - William Luther Pierce
- September 18 - Donald Shea
- October 10 - Jay Sebring
- December 12 - Thelma Taylor
- March 6 - Anton Cermak
- August 31 - Theodor Lessing
- December 29 - Ion Gheorghe Duca