Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 6 - King Alexander I of Yugoslavia declares the formation of the "6 January Dictatorship".
- January 6 - Heinrich Himmler is appointed Reichsführer of the Schutzstaffel.
- January 7 - The Ustaše is founded.
- February - Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Communist Party of the Soviet Union by Joseph Stalin and forcibly exiled.
- February 14 - The Saint Valentine's Day Massacre takes place in Chicago, Illinois, allegedly on Al Capone's orders.
- February 15 - Klement Gottwald is named General Secretary of the Communist Party of Czechoslovakia.
- March 4 - The Institutional Revolutionary Party is founded.
- August 24 - The 1929 Hebron Massacre takes place.
- January 9 - Dorothea Puente
- April 7 - Bob Denard
- April 20 - Ringaudas Bronislovas Ignovich Songaila
- May 4 - Manuel Contreras
- June 12 - Robert Shelton
- July 9 - Hassan II of Morocco
- July 16 - Charles Ray Hatcher
- July 22 - Imelda Marcos
- August 4 - Yasser Arafat
- August 8 - Luis García Meza & Ronnie Biggs
- September 3 - Whitey Bulger
- September 19 - Gertrude Baniszewski
- November 13 – Fred Phelps
- Unknown - William Unek
- January 15 - Martin Luther King, Jr.
- June 12 - Anne Frank