Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 8 - Bảo Đại is coronated Emperor of Annam (present-day Central Vietnam.)
- July 4 - The Hitler Youth are established as the youth wing of the Nazi Party.
- September 20 - Al Capone escapes an assassination attempt in Cicero, Illinois by the North Side Gang.
- December 5 - Wang Jingwei establishes a rival left-wing Kuomintang government based Wuhan, China in opposition to Chiang Kai-shek's right-wing government based in Nanking.
- December 25 - Hirohito ascends to the throne of the Empire of Japan following the death of his father, Emperor Yoshihito.
- January 23 - Bal Thackeray
- March 6 - Kim Jae-gyu
- April 6 - Ian Paisley
- May 10 - Hugo Banzer
- July 7 - Nuon Chea
- July 15 - Leopoldo Galtieri
- July 16 - Efraín Ríos Montt
- August 13 - Fidel Castro
- October 31 - Jimmy Savile
- February 16 - Margot Frank
- December 15 - Rosemary LaBianca