Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 1 to 7 - The Rosewood Massacre takes place.
- May 24 - End of the Irish Civil War.
- June 16 - End of the Russian Civil War. The Communist Party of the Soviet Union establishes total control over Russia.
- June 20 - Benito Mussolini launches an invasion of Libya, beginning the Pacification of Libya.
- July 24 - End of the Turkish War of Independence.
- October 29 - Mustafa Kemal Atatürk is named the first President of Turkey.
- November 8 to 9 - The Beer Hall Putsch: Adolf Hitler leads over two thousand Nazis in an attempted coup of the German government. The coup fails after local police forces intervene, resulting in the death of 16 Nazi officials and four police officers, as well as Hitler and other Nazi leaders being taken into custody and being charged with treason.
- March 9 - Eustace Mullins
- May 10 - Heydar Aliyev
- May 27 - Henry Kissinger
- June 26 - Barbara Graham
- July 6 - Wojciech Jaruzelski
- September 16 - Lee Kuan Yew
- October 7 - Irma Grese
- December 4 - Charles Keating, Jr.
- Unknown - Jakiw Palij