Jump to navigation Jump to search
- February 6 - The Cheka is dissolved.
- March 31 - The Hinterkaifeck axe murders take place. The perpetrator is never identified.
- April 3 - Joseph Stalin becomes General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, succeeding Vyacheslav Molotov. Despite this, Vladimir Lenin remains the de facto leader of the Soviet Union.
- April 7 - The Teapot Dome scandal: The United States Secretary of the Interior leases Teapot Dome oil reserves in Wyoming.
- June 22 - British field marshal Sir Henry Wilson is assassinated in London by the Irish Republican Army.
- June 28 - Beginning of the Irish Civil War.
- October 27 to 29 - Benito Mussolini and his National Fascist Party march on Rome, taking power in a coup d'état and establishing a fascist dictatorship.
- November 11 - The Ottoman Empire collapses. End of the Armenian Genocide.
- November 19 - Hiram Wesley Evans succeeds William Joseph Simmons as the national leader of the Ku Klux Klan.
- Unknown - End of the Red Terror.
- January 9 - Ahmed Sékou Touré
- January 17 - Luis Echeverría
- April 20 - Angelo La Barbera
- May 14 - Franjo Tuđman
- August 6 - Dan Walker
- March 1 - Yitzhak Rabin
- Unknown - Billy Gaffney
- February 25 - Henri Désiré Landru
- June 12 - Wolfgang Kapp
- July 21 - Djemal Pasha
- August 4 - Enver Pasha
- August 11 - Umberto Valenti
- June 22 - Sir Henry Wilson