Jump to navigation Jump to search
- February 24 - The German Workers' Party is disbanded by Adolf Hitler and Anton Drexler, who establish the Nazi Party as a successor party.
- March 13 - The Kapp Putsch is orchestrated by Wolfgang Kapp and Walther von Lüttwitz in an attempt to overthrow the Weimar govenrment and install a military dictatorship. The putsch ultimately fails when workers all over the country begin a general strike, causing a nationwide gridlock.
- April 23 - The Grand National Assembly of Turkey is founded by Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, in Ankara, as a rival government to the Ottoman Empire. It denounces the Ottoman government and announces a temporary constitution.
- May 21 - End of the Mexican Revolution.
- September 16 - The Wall Street bombing takes place. 40 people in total are killed and 143 are left injured.
- Unknown - The National Association Opposed to Women's Suffrage is dissolved.
- Unknown - Beginning of the Rif War.
- February 11 - Farouk of Egypt
- March - Bryant Bowles
- June 9 - Stanislovas Apyvala
- November 9 - Byron De La Beckwith
- February 12 - Aurore Gagnon