Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 4 - Enver Pasha becomes Minister of War of the Ottoman Empire.
- April 20 - The Ludlow Massacre takes place.
- June 28 - Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria is assassinated in Sarajevo by Gavrilo Princip, a member of the pan-Serbian Black Hand group. This results in massive anti-Serb riots in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- July 1 - The South African National Party is founded.
- July 4 - The Lexington Avenue bombing takes place in New York City when a bomb blast, intented to kill John D. Rockefeller, kills four people.
- July 15 - Victoriano Huerta resigns as President of Mexico.
- July 28 - Austria-Hungary declares war on the Kingdom of Serbia, officially beginning World War I. Tsar Nicholas II of Russia subsequently orders a partial mobilisation against Austria-Hungary.
- August 1 - Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany declares war on the Russian Empire.
- June 28 - Archduke Franz Ferdinand