Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 23 - The Young Turks, under the leadership of the three Pashas, seize control of the Ottoman Empire after staging a military coup.
- March 18 - King George I of Greece is assassinated in Thessaloniki by Alexandros Schinas.
- April 26 - 13-year old Mary Phagan is found murdered in the basement of the factory she worked at in Atlanta, Georgia. The supervisor of the factory, a Jewish man named Leo Frank, is falsely convicted for the murder after being accused by another worker named Jim Conley (who is believed to have actually committed the crime.)
- May 30 - End of the First Balkan War.
- June 29 to August 10 - The Second Balkan War is fought.
- October 10 - Yuan Shikai is elected President of the Republic of China.
- January 3 - Richard Nixon
- July 29 - Erich Priebke
- August 4 - Johann Niemann
- August 9 - Erich Zoddel
- August 16 - Menachem Begin
- October 22 - Bảo Đại
- October 25 - Klaus Barbie
- November 13 - Lon Nol
- December 31 - René Schneider
- March 18 - George I of Greece
- April 26 - Mary Phagan