Jump to navigation Jump to search
- February 1 - King Carlos I of Portugal and Prince Royal, Luís Filipe, are both assassinated in Lisbon by Alfredo Luís da Costa and Manuel Buíça.
- July - The Young Turks, lead by Enver Pasha, launch a revolution against the Ottoman Empire, forcing Sultan Abdul Hamid II to restore the empire as a constitutional monarchy.
- August 24 - Abd al-Hafid becomes Sultan of Morocco.
- October - End of the Herero Wars in German South West Africa.
- November 15 - Leopold II of Belgium cedes control of the Congo Free State over to the Belgian parliament, who formally annex the territory as a Belgian colony.
- February 1 - William Hickman
- March 18 - Pierre-Antoine Cousteau
- March 26 - Franz Stangl
- April 3 - Bruno Lüdke
- May 17 - Margot Dreschel
- June 16 - Sarit Thanarat
- July 7 - Revilo P. Oliver
- August 15 - Otto Kerner Jr.
- October 18 - Enver Hoxha
- November 14 - Joseph McCarthy
- November 25 - Eduard Roschmann
- March 10 - Vernon Dahmer
- June 24 - Grover Cleveland
- February 1 - Carlos I of Portugal & Luís Filipe, Prince Royal of Portugal